Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

February finish

I am well aware that I don't seem to be cranking out the quilts like I used to.  I seem to work on something almost every day, I just haven't gotten much finished yet this year.  I was spending a lot of time working on Celtic Solstice, but have set that aside for now.  There are a few things I need to finish first.  DH and I also took a week's vacation and went to Arizona.  I didn't take many pictures, except for the Grand Canyon.  Those pictures are all on my phone.  I promise when I get them transferred to the computer, I will post here on my blog.  The messenger bag I blogged about here  worked great as my carry-on bag on the plane.  I made a small purse to go with it... hmmm, no photos of it, either, and I haven't blogged about it yet.  I need to get on the ball! 

Anyhow, here is the quilt I finished this week -

I sewed the top together well over a year ago.  Maybe even 2 years ago.  I can't remember when.  It was made with 2 charm packs and a bit of coordinating fabric for the border.  I can't remember the name of the fabric line, I know it's an old out of print one from Moda.  For the backing, I used flannel - red with white polka dots.  I did not use any batting - and just quilted in the ditch.  The pattern is Disappearing 9 patch.  I have made several of these, and I am always quite happy with the way they turn out.  It is a generous sized baby quilt, which is good, since the baby I'll be giving it to had her 1st birthday in January.  I know, that's really a late baby gift.....

Since I was outside taking the picture of the quilt, I decided to get some photos of the icicles hanging off our house........
 

Ick, I know.  We are all so sick of winter around here.  It's not even funny anymore.  And it's snowing again now. 
 
Anyhow, I'm linking up to "Finish it Up Friday", just because I finally can!  And I promise I will show pictures of the purse, and the Grand Canyon!
 

4 comments:

joe tulips said...

Love the quilt! I noticed the white background and wondered what you were using. It really set off the colors. As I read on it became clear that it was snow! Duh.
It makes a nice background!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Gosh those are wicked icicles! Certainly don't often seen things like that in my little part of the world in winter! Cool quilt too! I have a couple like that (ie were made a couple of years ago and need finished!) Thanks for sharing. I hope it all warms up for you soon!

Sharon said...

Love the baby quilt, and Yay! on the finish! The baby won't care if it's a little late. *grin* Love the Disappearing 9-Patch. They always look good.

Yikes, those are some scary icicles! We don't usually get any icicles here in the NW. The snow only sticks around for a few days, and it usually melts because of the rain, so no icicles.

Browndirtcottage said...

Hope you are wearing a helmet when you go outside so those big ole icicles don't poke you on your noggin!

A finish!!! Yippee!! clapping!!! You know 'they' say
"slow and steady wins the race". I guess if you can just work a little along you will finally 'git' 'er done!

You have a great finish there and that baby will love it! The disappearing 9 patch is a good pattern!

We 'need' to see those vacation pictures too!!