And here's the back:
I had some old vintage embroideries that I added. These pieces all had stains, so I actually soaked them in coffee to make them darker, and then cut them apart to use on the bag. I was able to work around the stains. I used raw-edge applique for the pieces on the front, and just basically sewed them down with a straight stitch. I am hoping the edges will fray a big.
On the back, I stitched along the lace, so there shouldn't be any fraying going on with this side!
I apologize for the poor pictures - so hard for me to get a decent picture this time of year!
Anyhow, this is a great pattern. I will definitely be making this again. I think next time, I will make the shoulder strap adjustable - the pattern doesn't give directions for that, but I have other patterns that do.