Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Stuff

Ok, lots to blog about today, I'm not sure where to begin!  I just finished up my 4 blocks for March's Block Lotto.  Here they are - I took them outside and set them in the snow, hoping to get a better picture than I can get in the house.

I mailed my February blocks today.  Here's what I had...
3 of these went to New York, and 4 to New Hampshire.  I just joined Block Lotto in January.  I really hope I win the March blocks!
In my last blog post, I promised pictures of the purse I made to go with the messenger bag.  Here it is, sitting next to the messenger bag.
 
And here's the back...
I used strips from the same Honey Bun that I used on the messenger bag.  The flap is made from an embroidered doily I found at a thrift store.
 
And as I recall, I also promised to post pictures of our vacation in Arizona...
The olive mill was a fun place, too.
The weather was perfect - in the 80's everyday.  Even at the Grand Canyon, it was in the 60's. 
I thought this book looked interesting...
I think I'll see if I can find it on Amazon.  I didn't have much room in the suitcase, so I didn't buy it there.....
Lots of other projects in the works.  Have a great weekend!





4 comments:

joe tulips said...

The book would have been good to pass time when you were stuck at the airport!
I love the newest block lotto blocks. I hope you win too.
Your bags are so cute. It is supposed to be 40 something tomorrow. Depending on the wind, it may FEEL like 80 to me!!

Scrapatches said...

Nice lotto blocks! Best of luck with the winning part.
I really like your bag and messenger bag. The thrift shop doily looks so lovely and appreciated with its new use.
The Grand Canyon is a place I have always wanted to see ... maybe someday. Thanks for the pictures ... :) Pat

Andee said...

The first time I visited the Grand Canyon I bought this exact book! Read it cover to cover all the way home. Borrowed it to my cousin and never saw it again, but it was a good read. I will not be doing a helicopter tour over the canyon either!

Patty said...

Hi Karen, I was blog hopping when I saw you were from Iowa. I live in SW Iowa about 50 miles from the Nebraska border. I like the colors you picked for the Celtic Solstice. I was thinking about doing that one, but didn't think I'd get it finished! I have plenty of UFOs already waiting for me.
Patty